Wednesday 8 January 2014

Beggar's bowl

Sculpting old people, with all their wrinkles and body imperfections 
is always so interesting.  
Especially fascinating is giving a character to an old face.
It is like telling a story of a person's life with their wrinkles.


Today I present an old beggar woman in 1:12 scale - 14 cm in height.  
She is dressed in a coarse, stained robes. Her feet are bare.  
Her long, gray hair is as tangled as her fate and the furrows on her face  reflect her difficult life.
Her only property is a copper bowl.
An empty one.












 
 





9 comments:

  1. Hello Agnieszka,
    It amazes me how talented you are! The doll is beautifully done, but I cannot believe the story that you can read in her face. Fantastic work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bien modelado.Una cara y unas manos alucinantes pero me gustan mas los bebés.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make the skin so realistic! This is no different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twoje lalki są wyjątkowe. Każda opowiada jakąś historię. Coś niesamowitego!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a perfect witch for my Shakespearian-theatre-in-the-making! Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giac, Nina, Isabel, The Grandmommy, Gosia, Geneviève and Cestina - thank you so much for your fantastic comments! <3
    Your compliments always add wings to my ideas and of course make me smile!
    I do appreciate them.

    Big thanks also to all of you for visiting my Miniature Avenue! :-)

    Hugs and love,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impresionante la expresividad tanto de la cara como del cuerpo,es un trabajo fabuloso!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete